SafetyNet (SN) is an open source web based application framework that allows authorized
users to proactively scan individual and groups of computer systems for security
vulnerabilities. SN keeps a history of these results for comparison and auditing purposes.
SN was designed from the ground up to be secure, scalable and stable.
SN allows you to integrate many available open source and freeware security testing
tools into SN to help you review the security of your computing environment from a
concise interface. Information regarding installing SafetyNet using MySQL 4.1.x can be found at
the SafetyNet FAQ page.
SafetyNet has been recognized by EDUCAUSE as an Effective Security Practice, more information is available here.
- Development Status: Production/Stable
- Environment: Web Environment
- Intended Audience: System Administrators, Developers, Security Auditors
- License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
- Operating System: MS Windows 2003
- Programming Languages: Winbatch (http://www.windowware.com), PHP
- Topic: Security